Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Legacy

What is the legacy I am leaving? I began this blog forever ago, but I haven't used it as much as I would like to. It isn't as fancy as some people's due in part to my not so computer savvy self not having a clue as to how to do some of it. I don't think I will be famous or rich from it, but I do want to leave a legacy.  I love the Nicole Nordeman song that talks about I want to leave a legacy, will they remember me, did I point to You enough in my life.  

In less than 2 weeks, God has used the story of Peter stepping out of the boat (Matthew 14:22-36).  I love that Jesus simply tells Peter to come, Peter steps out and then takes his eyes off of Jesus and becomes afraid.  How often am I afraid to "step out" of the boat?  How often am I so comfortable in what I know and what's familiar that I stay in the boat?  As I've had this scripture before me I've asked myself, what are my dreams and what are my fears?  My dream is that God will use me, my fear is that God will use me.  I want God to use me, but I fear how will He use me because He likes to call us out of our comfort zone to rely on His strength and not our own.  I don't know where God is calling me, but I want to be obedient to get out of the boat because Jesus is calling me to come to Him.  I don't want to miss out on what He has for me because I am too comfortable in the boat. Is part of my legacy going to be sitting in the boat?  I can't stay there because my faith says I've got to step out.  I want to leave a legacy to my boys that speaks loudly of getting out of the boat to follow Jesus.  Obedience to Jesus, even when it's hard to to do it. I want my legacy to point to Jesus. Have you gotten out of your boat? What kind of legacy are you leaving? 
Joyfully,


1 comment:

paige said...

beautiful words jen
xo