Monday, March 8, 2010

The Sweetest Prayer

This evening my sweetie and our oldest were going through the Upward Soccer magnet hanging on our fridge that talked about salvation.  My sweetie went through all the steps with him and then asked did he want to pray the prayer, to which he responded yes.  I was getting toothbrushes ready but listening to their conversation, as my heart began to swell with emotion.  Ah, the sweetest sound to this Mama's ear, as my oldest boy began to pray the prayer and ask Jesus in his heart.  "However,...but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20)  

Tonight, I know the angels were singing and His Heavenly Father was smiling down as our oldest asked Jesus into his heart, and his name is written in the Book of Life!!  I think anytime is the perfect time, but I loved that during this time of Easter drawing near that my oldest would ask the One who gave His life for him to come into his heart.  I rejoiced and my eyes grew moist as I hugged that little one close and told him I loved him. I am thankful for his Daddy to take the time to walk him through the steps but also asked him if he wanted to pray the prayer.  No sweeter words, no sweeter time than to be part of hearing your child pray that prayer.  I am thankful that JD knows Jesus loves him.  "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

2 comments:

Jeanne Oliver said...

You are so right...the angels were singing!!!

Unknown said...

Oh man...I'm crying now! You know there is nothing sweeter to God's ears! It has been my greatest blessing in life to watch my girls discover the love of their Father!