Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Counting My Blessings

It is certainly the right time of year to count my blessings and remind myself of all I am thankful for today and always. I am thankful for my family, husband and 2 boys, and we are all healthy. There are days I need to remember this especially when the boys are difficult or I'm tired or whatever. I'm thankful for family to share the holidays with; I know there are those who won't be with loved ones for one reason or another. They are blessings. There are those crazy days when I "can't" hold my boys every time they want me to, but I need to remind myself to count my blessings. They are growing before my very eyes and there will come a day soon enough when they won't want me to hold them and they'll be too big. Right now is the best time and a crazy time of the year and I need to sit back and relax and take it all in. I need to enjoy every minute with my children, with my husband. I need to count my blessings. I am guilty of getting caught up in the busyness of everyday...making sure the house is clean, getting meals ready, laundry done and put away, the list goes on and on. I need to count my blessings and get caught up in my little ones, in my husband. I am grateful for the gifts and the blessings God has given me. The most important gift of Jesus and to remember that I am Jesus to my children in each touch, look, word spoken...are they seeing enough of Jesus in me? I am reminded to count my blessings but let it not be just now at Thanksgiving but every day for the blessings all around me.

No comments: